We value your privacy
At Marrickville Football Club, we care about your privacy. How we handle your personal information is governed by the Privacy Act 1988 (Privacy Act) and the Australian Privacy Principles under that Act. We want you to understand what this means for you.
Marrickville Football Club is committed to maintaining ethical standards in the conduct of its community activities. Our reputation as an ethical organisation is important to its ongoing success. Only authorised users have secure access to systems containing member information, with usage captured with built-in audit trail.
- you’re one of our members;
- you use any of our services; or
- you visit our website at marrickvillefc.org.au or affiliated websites or any of our social media channels (our Channels).
By providing personal information to us, you consent to us collecting, holding, using and disclosing that information in accordance with, and for the purposes specified in, this Policy.
What personal information does Marrickville Football Club collect?
The types of personal information we collect about you may include:
- your name, postal and street address, email address and telephone number;
- your gender, age, profession;
- records of our communications with you, including any complaints, requests or queries;
- details of the products and services we’ve provided to you, or that you’ve enquired about, including any additional information necessary to deliver those products and services and respond to your enquiries;
- information that you post to our websites or Channels;
- any other personal information that may be required in order to facilitate your dealings with us.
Why does Marrickville Football Club collect your personal information?
Marrickville Football Club will not sell or handover members’ personal information to any third party outside specific community football purposes.
We collect your personal information (including information entered or uploaded by you, or on your behalf, into our services) for the purpose of:
- verifying your identity;
- providing you with the products and services you’ve asked for;
- helping us operate, protect, improve and develop our Community Club (including our products and services) and our users’ experience;
- helping us customise and improve your experience;
- keeping you informed about our services and those of our relevant joint initiative partners, and tailoring this information to your needs and interests;
- enabling secure access to our products and services;
- responding to any feedback, queries or complaints;
- processing a registration application that you’ve submitted;
- fulfilling our legal and regulatory obligations; and
- otherwise as may be required for the general management and conduct of our business.
Collection of your personal information
There are many aspects of the Marrickville Football Club site which can be viewed without providing personal information, however, for access to future customer support features you are required to submit personally identifiable information. This may include but not limited to a unique username and password, or provide information in the recovery of your lost password.
Sharing of your personal information
Marrickville Football Club may occasionally engage other organisations to provide services on our behalf, processing transactions or member freight shipping. Those organisations will be permitted to obtain only the personal information they need to deliver the service. Marrickville Football Club takes reasonable steps to ensure that these organisations are bound by confidentiality and privacy obligations in relation to the protection of your personal information.
Use of your personal information
For each visitor to reach the site, we expressively collect the following non-personally identifiable information, including but not limited to browser type, version and language, operating system, pages viewed while browsing the Site, page access times and referring website address. This collected information is used solely internally for the purpose of gauging visitor traffic, trends and delivering personalised content to you while you are at this Site. From time to time, we may use customer information for new, unanticipated uses not previously disclosed in our privacy notice.
Accessing Your Personal Information
You have a right to access your personal information, subject to exceptions allowed by law. If you would like to do so, please let us know. You may be required to put your request in writing for security reasons. Marrickville Football Club reserves the right to charge a fee for searching for, and providing access to, your information on a per request basis.