Marrickville Football Club offers a player Development Program for players aged 8 to 16. The Program provides an opportunity to learn to play the game with the Club’s professional coaches in a team-based, safe and fun learning environment. Our primary purpose is to ensure players develop both their abilities and, love and enjoyment of playing football.
YOUTH FOOTBALL BELONGS TO THE CHILDREN
When players have fun, they connect emotionally to playing and develop intrinsic love of the game. This love of the game gives purpose to learning and drives development. The MFC Development Program has this principal at its core.
Our MFC Development Program supports this by:
- Ensuring that players develop their enjoyment of playing the game
- Providing a safe player-centered learning environment
- Developing technical skills and understandings of the game
- Focusing on Player development over team performance
- Enabling players to learn to play to the game
- Creating a connection to Community through Football
Feel free to reach out to email@example.com for any questions on the MFC Development Program.
AGES 8 - 16
- All coaching services delivered by Accredited Professional Coaches
- Team training (February – August):
- Under 8 to Under 11 – Tuesday night
- Under 12 to Under 16 – Tuesday and Thursday nights
- Coach led games (April – August)
- Goalkeeper Skills Training included for dedicated goalkeepers
Under 8 to Under 11 players $785*
Under 12 to under 16 players $895*
*Does not include the 2023 MFC Registration Fee
MFC has a holistic understanding of talent identification and acknowledge that all children have development potential. Hence, players are identified using a diverse range of criteria such as aptitude for learning, technical skills, perceptual awareness, decision-making and problem solving skills. These criteria support the development of game understanding and decision-making skills, key predictors of player potential.
MFC runs selection trials for the Development Program. Trials are conducted in the format of Development Program training sessions and provide an opportunity for players and parents to experience and evaluate the program for themselves. This also allows players to be identified for suitable teams to ensure they have the right balance of education, challenge, and competition.
Monday 14th & 21st November 2022 – Tempe Recreation Reserve Synthetic Field.
- Under 8-11 Trials are from 5.30pm-6.45pm
- Under 12-16 Trials are from 7pm-8.15pm
Register Your Interest: